Puzzle Caches  

Posted by GeocacheGeek in

Ever since I started caching back in May I have avoided Puzzle Caches. I don't know why, I guess I was just more focused on the Traditional caches instead. Today I decided to take a look at the slew of Puzzle Caches that are around my immediate area. I must say I now regret avoiding them for this long. They are excellent mental puzzles and learning experiences to break up the monotony of daily conference calls and work. I took some mental breaks today and worked up the solution to 7 of the closet Puzzle Caches. They had me translating Navajo, doing word finds with no word list, deciphering garbled keyboard output, and doing some funky math where 11+2=1 was the only clue. Every one of them was a new and unique challenge and I now have all the solutions ready to head out after work tomorrow and locate.


Went to get new glasses tonight and was just itching to get at least one cache in before heading home. Luckily for me there was one right at Chic-Fil-A where my wife wanted to have dinner. I'm driving slowly thru the parking lot looking at the iPhone (forgot the Garmin) and picking my parking place based on proximity to the cache location. As I got further away from the door passing many empty parking places I hear "SIGH! You're looking for a cache aren't you! LOL!" I could only grin and pull into the parking place near the cache. It only took a few minutes to locate, the iPhone 3G is not the best when it comes to caching. Once I got in the general area I just let geo-sense kick in and BAM! got the Smiley. It did help that I have just ordered the same type of stealth cache that this one was a duplicate of so I zeroed in on it rather quickly once I got close.

Tomorrow, all the Puzzles will fall to my mad caching skillz :D LOL!

This entry was posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 at 12:58 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment