Documentation beyond the Log  

Posted by GeocacheGeek in , ,

Part of my Geocaching Fun is documenting my Adventures. I don't just SL TFTC all the time and move on. I do a few extra steps at each cache.

I try to photograph (with geotagging) each of my Finds in addition to signing the log and trading swag. I then file them with the Name of the Cache and the cache code for later reference. I also document every stage of a multi and write up and screen grab the solutions to all the Puzzle Caches I've encountered.
Some people may think this is a bit excessive or exposes too much of the sport but I disagree. Geocaching is not just about the Find, its about the Journey and the Hunt. All parts of that are what makes up the Geocaching Adventure.It is the Adventure that I wish to preserve in documentation. It'll be something that I can leave for others to learn from and see what fun Geocaching has become for me and my family.

I recently set up a Flickr Feed of my Adventures:

****SPOILER ALERT****

DO NOT VIEW THIS GALLERY IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS FOR CACHES YOU MAY NOT HAVE FOUND YET

****SPOILER ALERT****


  • The specific location of every geocache we have found will be shown in these pictures.

  • Solutions to Puzzle Caches will be displayed

  • Individual Steps of Multi Caches will be shown and identified

  • Some very Unique and Creative Caches will be unmasked within

  • Consider yourself WARNED and enjoy the pics

Its set to Friends and Family only for the moment but once I get things sorted out and organized the way I want it I'll open it up to Public Viewing. In the mean time just add me as a contact on Flickr and I'll Friend you if you want to take a peek.

Good Hunting

This entry was posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 at 11:08 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment