The Perils of Geocaching  

Posted by GeocacheGeek in ,

Leave it to me to discover one of the more serious perils of Geocaching despite all my preparation and prevention. Lyme's Disease. I have 2 tick bites at the belt line that have developed the rash and itch that just won't go away and has spread. After 2 weeks of self medication with Hydrocortisone Cream with no results I finally went to the Doctor. He looked at it and listened to my tail, drew some blood and Yup, I have tested positive for Lyme's Disease.

What sucks is that I have literally had hundreds of tick bites in my life. I grew up on a farm, was in Boy Scouts, hiked and camped my whole life, and now geocaching. A myriad of ticks have died at my hands so statistically I guess it was just my time to win the "tick lottery". Man what a bunch of crap! ;) LOL

So now I'm on 21 days of Antibiotics, Steroids, and anti-itch meds and then its back to the Doctor to see how things are progressing.

I'm still caching. No stupid tick is going to keep me down! I do have the satisfaction of knowing that I killed the lil bugger that did this to me. :D

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 8, 2009 at 6:45 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment