Ow Ow Ow Ow  

Posted by GeocacheGeek in , , ,

Went to a local cache today to give it a try now that it has been replaced after being Muggled. While I was making my initial pass I didn't see it right off so I began my more detailed inspection of the area. In my first 'detailed' pass back over the area my left middle finger got introduced to a very angry Wasp nest. Luckily it was just one that found me and he only hit my finger twice but holy crap it was like fire and lightning hitting me. I did the back-away-what-the-heck-just-hit-me dance and yelled to my son to RUN! He darted away and I followed. So did the Wasp. He was a persistent lil bugger but gave up after a few feet. I was then able to yank off the caching pack and break out the first aid kit. Anti-Sting wipes may sound silly but boy did it help. The pain was quite annoying but the swelling and tightening of the finger movement was even more annoying.

I got to thinking back and realized this is my first Wasp sting in over 20 years. Hopefully I can go another 20 without repeating this experience. I definitely DO NOT recommend it.

And no, I didn't find the cache. To add insult to injury, Mr Murphy of Murphy's Law decided to start raining on us so we headed for the car and went for some lunch. I'll revisit the cache another day this coming week but this time I'll have Wasp Spray! Vengeance will be MINE!!

MWAHAhhahahahahhaah

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment