I finally figured it out  

Posted by GeocacheGeek

I finally figured out why I am so interested in Geocaching. It hit me the other day as I was driving home from a successful round of caching.


Geocaching is like a real world version of World of Warcraft. Sure there are no monsters or demons to slay or dungeons to clear or bosses to take down but the questing is very similar. Content and Questing are my favorite parts of World of Warcraft. I'm more of a content player anyway. Geocaching is a real world version of World of Warcraft Questing. You have a destination, a treasure to seek and then a find to log. The quest is the hunt, the treasure is the cache itself (and any trinkets you trade), and the Experience gain is your Smiley and incrementing of your total Finds. I have spend the past 5 years playing World of Warcraft pretty much weekly if not daily and ever since I took up Geocaching I haven't played much at all. Sure I still log in every once in awhile and see what's going on and goof off a bit but the real world pull of Geocaching has drawn my attention away from the game and replaced virtual questing with real world questing. Plus it gets me off my arse and gets me moving.

Here's to more finds and leveling up my Geocaching :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 8:03 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment