The Scars of Trailblazing  

Posted by GeocacheGeek in , , ,


I'm a Trailblazer. I see the arrow on the GPS and if it says go straight through that heavily weeded, vine encrusted, thorny area then come hell or high water, much to the dismay of my following family, I'm going to head that way. :) I am also not one for wearing jeans in the hot spring/summer months. In Georgia that pretty much means most of the year since Winter is something that we get for a few weeks, maybe a month or two, or just see on the News from other areas of the country. You guys out there get something they call "Snow?" Not sure what that is as we never see it down here. :) Due to the weather being so warm/stinking hot I'm always in shorts so I've gathered all sorts of new scrapes, scratches, and scars in the past few months of Geocaching. I've probably lost a pint or two of blood along the way but I got those Smileys :D
Yes, sometimes I trailblaze to a cache, fighting my way through Mother Nature's minions, arrive at the cache, stop and take a moment to sign the log only to stand up and notice the nice neat return trail leading back out from the cache in another direction. Hind sight is 20/20, Oh Well! can't win em all.

This entry was posted on Friday, August 7, 2009 at 8:19 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment